|View printer-friendly version|
GoBank Ready for the Masses: Award-Winning Bank Account Now Available on Mobile Phones Nationwide
Previously in beta, GoBank™ (@GoBank)
is now generally available – anyone can open an account on the app from
Apple App Storeor at GoBank.com; Update coming to
New retailers on board for promotional distribution include Barnes &
Noble Collegebookstores (in addition to previously announced Rite Aid).
- National partnership formed with MetroPCS to distribute the GoBank mobile application across MetroPCS’s compatible Android device portfolio.
- Lifetime’s “Project Runway” will feature GoBank in its 12th season, which premieres July 18.
Share it: Today @GoBank is Ready for the Masses: Award-Winning Bank Account Now Available on Mobile Phones Nationwide #readytoGO #gimmeGoBank
Beginning today, anyone can sign up for GoBank on
the app for iPhone or iPod Touch (available for download from the
“Creating GoBank, the world’s first bank account designed to be used
entirely from a mobile device, has been a labor of passion for everyone
involved in the project. GoBank seeks to reinvent the traditional
checking account in two key ways. Firstly, GoBank is a feat of
technology that brings traditional bank accounts into the era of the
app. Secondly, GoBank is a feat of consumerism that offers consumers a
wide array of features and services with fair, simple and transparent
pricing. We’re very proud of the product and are hopeful that consumers
will be attracted to GoBank’s high tech/low price proposition,” said
GoBank has formed a national partnership with MetroPCS to distribute the GoBank mobile application across MetroPCS’s compatible Android device portfolio.
Also, leading up to
Digital Distribution and Marketing
To generate high-impact consumer buzz, GoBank will also be featured as
the official financial sponsor on the upcoming 12th season of
GoBank’s Stand-out Features
- Massive ATM Network: With one tap, members can locate fee-free ATMs in their immediate area among the GoBank network of more than 42,000 locations nationwide.
We Work for Tips: GoBank puts the power in the hands of
its members, offering a “pay what you want” model, where members can
elect to pay anywhere from
$0 to $9for their monthly membership fee (like a monthly tip). GoBank members get all of the same account features regardless of the amount they decide to pay GoBank every month. The other fees on the account are limited to a 3% foreign transaction fee, out-of-network ATM fees ( $2.50for a withdrawal and $1for a balance inquiry), and if the member wants to customize their debit card or order a replacement custom card, it costs $9.
- No Overdraft or Penalty Fees: GoBank has no overdraft fees and no minimum balance. The full overview of its simple fees can be found at GoBank.com/NoWorries.
- Peek at Your Balance Without Logging In: The #1 reason a person logs into their bank account is to check their balance. GoBank allows members to use “Slide for Balance” on the app’s login screen to take at peek at their available balance without logging in (members opt into this feature).
- Advice on Spending from the Fortune Teller (TM): “Remember that time you won the lottery? I don’t either.” This is a response a member might see from GoBank’s Fortune Teller if they try to spend beyond their budget. Fortune Teller cross-checks the price of an item with the member’s integrated GoBank budget, and if they can’t afford it they’ll be advised in real-time to pass on the purchase.
- Send Money Instantly: Members can instantly send money at no charge via email or text message. If money is sent to a non-GoBanker, the person has the option to open a GoBank account or move the money out to PayPal.
- Quick Account Set-Up: Compared to typically long processes associated with opening a traditional bank account, setting up a GoBank account can take just minutes. This includes the time it takes to create an optional custom Visa debit card with a member’s own photo.
- Check / Payroll Deposit: GoBank has a variety of ways to deposit money into the account. Members can deposit checks by snapping a photo through the app. Direct deposit is available for paychecks, federal benefits or tax returns.
- Adding Cash: GoBank members can add cash to their account at over 3,900 locations nationwide, by swiping their debit card.
- Mobile Checkbook and Bill Pay: Members can pay any company or any person online or on their phone, and GoBank will mail a paper check to any recipient that doesn’t accept e-payments.
Money Vault: The Money Vault is an integrated bank
account, with deposits insured by the
FDIC, where members can easily put money away for savings. In real time, members can move money in and out for free.
- Robust Account Alerts: Members can fine-tune a wide range of notifications about their money to fit their needs – with alerts about specific transactions, as well as overall account updates.
Watch this video for a look at some of GoBank’s most popular features.
GoBank is the award-winning new bank account made to be used on your
mobile phone, with no overdraft or penalty fees ever. With GoBank,
members have full access and control of their money from their iPhone,
iPod Touch or Android device, and can withdraw cash from more than
42,000 fee-free ATMs in the U.S. People can sign up for a GoBank account
at GoBank.com and
via app from the
GoBank is a brand and trademark of
Press Relations for GoBank
Quinn Daly, 310-600-8005